CHOUTEAU COUNTY LIBRARY TRUSTEE BOARD MINUTES
May 23, 2017
The purpose of the Chouteau County Library in Fort Benton, Montana along with its branch libraries in Geraldine, Big Sandy and Highwood is to serve the county’s residents as an accessible center of reliable information, without restrictions of censorship or violation of privacy.
- Call to order: Ron Young called the meeting to order. Board members present were Janet Worrall, Nancy Grossman, Danielle Engellant and Debbie Wellman.
- Minutes: Minutes were approved
- Budget: Budget was approved
Circulation: AF 101, ANF 70, JF 101, JNF 2, YAF 5, YANF 0, DVD 18, CD, 10, Total Circ 307, Computer Users: 45, Patrons: 538, Program Attendance: 67, Theme: Spring Projects and Meetings: Open House (161), Bear Paw Development meeting (30), another meeting of 2.
Circulation: AF 302, ANF 200, JF 1488, JNF 217, YAF 26, YANF 2, DVD 686, CD 218, Computer Users: 438, Program Attendance: 112, Other: 227 Total: 3916, Theme: Easter, Diabetes Awareness Month
Circulation: AF 9, ANF 3, JF 1, YAF 0, DVD 4, CD 2, Total Circ 19,
Computer Users: 20, Patrons: 33, Theme: Spring
- 5. Report of the Director:
- Sharon Randolph, Canadian Mountain National Park Program, May 1, 17 people attended
- Twin Hills Colony school visited, tour, stories and computers big hit
- Debbie attended MSC meeting and training in Helena
- Sheila was on vacation, Debbie and Carolyn covered the library, Debbie cleaned out storage area, fixed vacuum.
- Friends of the Library has decided to be just a book club after Summer Celebration book sale. Will do Friends of the Library membership drive in the fall
- Garden Club will plant flowers in pots in front of library
- Janet asked if library would like a rain barrel, Garden Club has written a grant to receive one. It would be located on the front left side of the building
- Shonda’s probation has been extended for 3 months. Debbie and she have talked about things that need to be done.
- Summer Reading is coming together well
- June 23, Lemonade at the library. Janet and Nancy have offered cookies, Nancy will work 9-11. Danielle will do what she can for us.
- Announcements and Dates to Remember:
- May 25, Pathfinder Federation Meeting, 9-3
- May 29, Closed for Memorial Day
- May 30, Summer Hours begin
- June 9, 11:00 AM, Diana Rockwell, ventriloquist
- Debbie in Helena for State Library Commission meetings
- June 14, Summer Reading begins
- June 15, 10:00 AM, Clifford the Big Red Dog, story time
- June 23-25, Summer Celebration, book sale and lemonade 9-4, city Band at 2:00
- Unfinished Business
- Geraldine town meeting: June 8th at 7:00 PM at the Senior Citizen Center. Hope to get let them know the things the library offered and what would it take to get them to say what they need from us. A follow-up meeting would be good to have
- New Business
- New budget papers discussed, Board recommends asking for a 30¢ raise
for staff, Debbie will figure it in to the budget and see what Commissioners
- Ron would like amount in bank and balance owed on the Big Sandy project at the next meeting
There being no further discussion, meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully submitted by Debbie Wellman
Next Trustee meeting is Tuesday, June 27, 1:30
Foundation meeting will be Tuesday, July 25, 2:30